- Every day in the United States about 165 young kids—or roughly four school busloads of children—are treated in ERs after getting into medication.
- Unintentional ingestion of medications is the leading cause of child poisoning today.
- Among young children, 95 percent of medication-related poisoning visits to emergency rooms are caused by a child ingesting medication while unsupervised.
- Each $43 spent on poison center services saves almost $320 in health care spending.
- More children are brought to emergency rooms for medication poisonings than for motor vehicle crash injuries.
Find out more here.